Our solutions are ready to use or can be easily customized, according to your needs.
3 Ways retailers can benefit from iBeacons™ that don’t involve advertising
Among the early adopters of the iBeacon™ technology, there is one sector which stands out: retailers. The iBeacons and content awareness platforms are on the lips of a lot of decision makers in retail these days. However, most of the implementations of iBeacons in a couple of retailers have very much to do with offering customers different coupons while they’re at your location.
We thought of some other use cases that could benefit retailers and could get them more connected to the customer:
1. Gathering feedback from customers in a non-intrusive way. When the customers are in the store, a certain beacon can trigger a push notification in the app which could go to a mobile form for people to express their feedback towards the services they receive in the store. All the information can be stored and then managers can view reports for each stores to see what they need to improve
2. Displaying info about certain products- when you pass next to a great TV set, maybe you would like to see a video on your phone with the features it has instead of some user manual or a sales agent trying to convince you to buy it.
3. Indoor mapping and guides: in the huge malls, how many times didn’t we just look for the information booth because we had no idea where our favorite store was and how to get there. iBeacons could make it easy for us to find our way indoor.
I’m sure there are other ways that retailers could benefit from, by using iBeacon technology but this is what I came up with. Leave us a comment with other use cases that you saw or you think of.
If you want to know more about iBeacons and what they can do for your mobile strategy, please contact us.
(*) Image courtesy of israeltrade.org.au
About the author
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Popular Blog Articles
- 7 major trends for BLE Beacons in 2016 2,207 views | posted on February 2, 2016
- Eddystone or iBeacon? What is the best for your project? 1,632 views | posted on March 30, 2016
- Beacons in buses: Tailored Public Transportation 1,460 views | posted on September 8, 2015
- Beacons improve Logistics operations: track and locate assets in big warehouses 1,286 views | posted on March 17, 2016
- World premiere: Carrefour Hypermarkets have installed large networks of iBeacons to guide and inform in-store customers 1,249 views | posted on July 21, 2015
- Beacons for next-level Banking: 12 functionalities for a Tailored Customer Experience 1,135 views | posted on April 11, 2016
- World premiere: large scale iBeacons network guides visually impaired people to use the public transportation service 1,016 views | posted on June 5, 2015
- WiFi vs iBeacon solutions to provide analytics 884 views | posted on August 21, 2014
- Wayfinder: indoors routing guided by Beacons 689 views | posted on November 25, 2015
- Beacons at stadiums: 10 ideas to deliver an awesome sports event experience for fans and suporters 601 views | posted on April 21, 2016